Welcome to The Real Time Canine


My name is Amelia Smith of BorderSmith Kennel and with The Real Time Canine, I am providing training technique for Border Collie Sheepdogs. Beginning with 10 week old Kensmuir Star, I will document his daily lessons in words and pictures every Sunday. Previously subscription based, the complete working journal is now available here every Sunday.
...

From the moment I collected Star, his training began and you will be with us every step of the way. Good manners, willingness & confidence are necessary for him to attain my goal to become a useful working sheepdog and successful trial competitor. From the first lessons on manners & socialization to his first exposure to sheep, you will be a part of Star's journey to success.
...

After a lifetime with animals, dogs, horses and livestock, I am happy to share my expertise with you. I have found success in sheepdog trials at home and abroad and have trained dogs that went on to find success with others. To learn more about me and my dogs, please visit my BorderSmith website and my BorderSmith Blog! Cheers and thank you very much.

Jan 4, 2009

Week 7

Star attended his first dog trial this weekend and behaved himself admirably. He made friends with all the other dogs. He was lavished with attention by the handlers who all wanted to know how old he is and how he is bred. He caught the action on the trial field displaying the appropriate mix of attention and distraction for a puppy his age, and he remained content in his crate when I was otherwise occupied running the big dogs.

This week's lessons:

  1. Dog trialing
  2. To view or not to view
  3. Diet

In next week's digest I will taking questions from the subscribers. If you would like to participate, please sign up now and send me your question. I will be glad to reply with an answer.



No comments: